Corp Assumed Name Adoption Business Services
- A domestic corporation may adopt an assumed name electronically. A foreign or not-for-profit corporation may adopt an assumed name electronically if it is incorporated in one of the other 49 states or the District of Columbia. The corporation must be on file and in good standing with the Secretary of State’s office at the time of adoption.
- One assumed name may be adopted per filing.
- This application cannot be used to renew an existing assumed name. If you are attempting to renew an existing name, renew an assumed name here.
- $150 Domestic or Foreign Business Corporation – Routine Processing
- $200 ($150 Filing Fee, $50 expedited fee) Domestic or Foreign Business Corporation – Expedited (24 Hour) Service.
- $150 Domestic or Foreign Not-For-Profit – Routine Processing
- $175 ($150 Filing Fee, $25 expedited fee) Domestic or Foreign Not-For-Profit - Expedited (24 Hour) Service
- Please note that 24 hour expedited service excludes weekends and holidays.
- Payment must be in the form of a credit card — Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express.
For more information, please email the Department of Business Services or call 217-782-6961.